“Dear Sir /Madam,
Rotherham Core Strategy Focused Changes 2013
I am writing to you as someone who has previously commented on Rotherham’s Local Plan (previously called the Local Development Framework). I want to let you know that on 14 January 2013 the Council will publish its Core Strategy Focused Changes for consultation.
The Core Strategy sets out the ‘spatial’ strategy for the whole Borough and identifies the broad locations for delivering new housing and employment, including provision for retail, leisure and community facilities. It also sets out the strategic policies and the required new infrastructure to make all this happen.
The Council consulted on the Publication Core Strategy in summer 2012. Reviewing the representations received has allowed us to re-assess our document. As a result we are proposing a number changes to the Publication Core Strategy which we consider would improve the clarity and presentation of the document.
Representations are invited in relation to the ‘legal compliance’ and ‘soundness’ of the Focused Changes but NOT the Publication Core Strategy itself. This is NOT an opportunity to repeat or raise further points about the original plan, or to seek further changes. Representations can be made over the six week period beginning Monday 14 January 2013 and ending Monday 25 February 2013.
The Focused Changes should be read in conjunction with the Publication Core Strategy which is available on our website: www.rotherham.gov.uk/localplan , on our online consultation system (see below), and at the venues below. Please read the guidance notes (including an explanation of ‘soundness’ and ‘legal compliance’) in the consultation document before submitting your response.
Where possible comments should be made using our online consultation system which you can access at:http://rotherham.limehouse.co.uk/portal/
All other comments must be made on a response form which is available from any of the venues listed below or by contacting the Planning Policy team. Completed response forms should be sent via e-mail or by post using the contact details given below. Please note that comments may be rejected where they are defamatory, obscene or racist or otherwise likely to cause offence.
All representations on the Core Strategy Development Plan Document must be received no later than 5:00pm on Monday 25 February 2013.
Representations may also be accompanied by a request to be notified of any of the following:
- that the Core Strategy DPD has been submitted for independent examination
- the publication of the recommendations of the person appointed to carry out an independent examination of the Core Strategy DPD
- the adoption of the Core Strategy.
If you do require this notification please remember to specify this on your response form along with your contact details.
The documents are also available for inspection at the venues below during office hours:
· Customer Service Centre, Riverside House, Main Street, Rotherham
· Customer Service Centre, Station Street, Swinton
· Customer Service Centre, New Street, Dinnington
· Customer Service Centre, Braithwell Road, Maltby
· Customer Service Centre, Worksop Road, Aston
· Customer Service Centre, Barbers Avenue, Rawmarsh
· All libraries in the Borough (normal opening times)
For any further information or to be removed from our database please let us know using the contact details below
Planning and Regeneration Service
ROTHERHAM S60 1AE
Director of Planning and Regeneration “
I got the same letter today.
* ‘legal compliance’ and ‘soundness’ – RMBC buzzwords that actually mean the public can do nothing about anything that’s already decided ? mb *
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.